My life in quarantine has been all about establishing a personal routine. Interestingly, I have realized that a lot of the things that I have to do for school can easily be done online and at home. However I do miss going to class and other aspects of school, and the small things that I took for granted such as going to the Eagle’s Nest with my friends. Online classes have their upsides and downsides, but so far they are not difficult to keep up with. The quarantine has also provided time for me to reflect and try and start healthy habits to help me get through. It is also comforting to be home with my family and to spend some quality time with them. I have also learned to be more grateful for everything I have and realize that the pandemic affects everyone and that we are all going through these unprecedented times together.

So far, online classes have been an interesting transition. My professors are doing a wonderful job teaching despite these circumstances. I do miss going to class and being able to learn in person with my classmates but my professors have done their best to emulate a normal class atmosphere while also being very understanding. The transition from school to quarantine was not too difficult as my family and I have worked together to create a good learning space while also having the space to relax and hang out. It is odd not being able to do the normal things I would usually do when I am back home from college such as hanging out with my friends. But I have been keeping in touch with them through FaceTime and Zoom, which allow us to all check up on each other. I am also really enjoying my mom’s cooking, as I always missed it when I was away at school. Quarantine is difficult and the pandemic is stressful for everyone, but I am lucky to have a great support system of friends and family and I continue to pray for everyone’s safety and well-being. 

• Eliana Kim (Class of 2021, Music)